HairCrazy.info
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

Permanent hair colour remover - or bleach? (in the UK)

Forum > General Questions >

VaLukeAraptor
Rating:

View VaLukeAraptor's timeline

Current Hair: some weird brown/blonde colour a salon did

Posted 5 years, 2 months ago

First of all, it seems to be hard to find permanent hair colour removers in england and i've only ever found goldwell systems remover. If anyone has tried this, a review would be nice :)
I currently have medium-ish brown hair, it used to be permanent blue-black but i've been washing it a lot and done a few bleach washes. Would a permanent hair colour remover help me get rid of most of this colour? (my natural colour is light brown, and bleaches so easily)

So would my better option be to use a permanent colour remover then bleach, or just try my luck with 30 vol bleach?
I asked the lady in sallys, and she said permanent colour removers can sometimes make your hair darker if done wrong, and you can't bleach hair after using one. I've heard plenty of stories of people doing so, so why did she say this? :/

(by the way, i'm looking to go as light a blonde as possible, not nessecarily in preparation for unnatural dyes, but hopefully if all goes well regarding jobs)

jayemm
Rating:

View jayemm's timeline

Current Hair: blonde

uhm i always bleach my hair after a color remover ill color remove it then bleach it twice and that always gets me back to a nice light blonde after going dark color oops i use now but color fix leaves your hair in a little bit better condition but bleaching dark at first is worse i think but color removers ive used smell like eggs but its worth it sallys should have color fix if not then cvs should have color oops or you can buy them online

jayemm
Rating:

View jayemm's timeline

being u already did some bleach washes it may not work as well then if you havnt touched it at all but i still would give it a try i color oops my friends hair and he had a brown and then i bleached him a couple of times let me know iif you want to see pics

LaLu
Rating:

I used Goldwell Systems Colour Remover, it was about ?3.99 from an online store called SalonSupplies, it worked very well!

I've had black hair for about 3 years now, and I've gone as long as possible without redying so I have some awful roots, but the goldwell took all of the black down to a reddish/goldy brown.
I left it a month or so, to let my easily broken hair recover (you have to wash your hair very throughly, this is the action that gets ride of the dye, so the better you do this step, the better colour removal you will get) and I'm now preparing to bleach it next week for a 'banana' blonde.
A hairdresser friend of mine could think of no problem with my plan so I guess bleaching after is fine :)

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: Purples & Brown

I've never seen Color Oops but I think I've seen Uncolour in Sallys. I've also seen Effassor in Sally too. It's usually next to the bleach in a pink sachet.

As long as you follow the instructions the colour will be fine. If you miss the last step the colour can darken.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

jayemm
Rating:

View jayemm's timeline

ussualy after i use a color remover it tells you to wash it with hot water for 5 minutes but i find if i just straighten my hair after and hold the iron on it for a while it will get lighter i use to make like stripes in my hair before i straighten my whole head because it gets lighter under the iron the uncolor system is a bit drying when we used it in school on the heads but ive never used goldwell