HairCrazy.info
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

eggplant hair color?

Forum > General Questions >

softbomb
Rating:

Posted 5 years, 1 month ago

i've never dyed my hair before so i have a few questions.

i'd like to dye it a eggplant color, a 'subtle' purple color.
purple at certain angles, no troll hair since i work in nursing field.

is there a subtle purple hair dye out there?
or can i use a cheap purple drugstore hair dye and get the same effect on my shoulder length black hair?

-i'd rather not bleach my hair since it rather coarse and thick. is bleaching a must?

-does purple always dye fade to pink?

this photo is the closet i could find. however it would like it a bit more natural looking.

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

Why not apply a semi-permanent purple?
This article is great at explaining how to dye unbleached hair:
http://haircrazy.info/beginnerguides/dyeing-unbleached-hair/
No, purple will not always fade to pink.
If it's more of a violet it will fade to more of a murky grey.
But since you're not planning on bleaching your hair I wouldn't worry about that.
Wink

HOPELESS

jayemm
Rating:

View jayemm's timeline

Current Hair: blonde

when at work i had a customer come in with a color sort of like this and i was like wow that looks awsome because i could see like dark brown- black roots growing in and i asked her what she used and she said garnier black cherry you can buy it at cvs and it came out pretty sweet on her virgin darrrrk brown hair w/o bleach so i can only imagine how good i twill come out on any hair color lighter then that

libra13
Rating:

View libra13's timeline

Current Hair: waiting to be re-dyed

I too used a Garnier hair color once when I wanted a nice subtle purple. This was a few years ago though and they don't seem to have the color I used anymore, but they have a whole lot to choose from now. It is barely noticeable indoors, a lot of my friends didn't even know I dyed my hair. But when the light hits it right it is beautiful. The Black Currant color looks like what you might want, its under Nutrisse Cream if you're looking at the website. From what I remember, it smells wonderful too. Good Luck!

cafeinaverde
Rating:

Current Hair: turquoise and purple bangs

Many drugstore brands make that color that you like; I would only reccomend that you don't use a permanent dye with bleaching agents (Check the ingredients for ammonia), because I've seen a lot of people who got that eggplant color that you like but looked kind of greyish when fading. If your hair is very dark maybe you should go for a semi-permanent dye, there are also some drugstore brands. Those tend to have milder oxidizing agents than permanent ones, such as hydrogen peroxide, so the color will still show but not so strongly and it won't leave your hair so light when it fades. I'm sorry, I can't recommend any specific brands, because I haven't tried any...But I would definitely avoid ammonia, that's my main advice!