HairCrazy.info
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

How Long Does Your Bleach Take to Process?

Forum > General Questions >

tooblueforyou
Rating:

View tooblueforyou's timeline

Current Hair: Pink & purple

Posted 4 years, 9 months ago

I'm in the midst of bleaching a stand of hair now. It's taking forever!!! The Manic Panic Flash Lightning Kit says that medium brown hair should take about 90 minutes to fully process.

It's been almost two hours and it's only at a regular blonde. I want my streak to be white so that the blue doesn't look green. Sad But they say not to leave it in for too long, otherwise you'll damage your hair.

Why would my Caucasian brown hair take so long so absorb bleach??? What were everyone else's experiences like?

It takes two hours for it to get to a medium blonde. Not fair.

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: White

My hair is naturally dark brown. After 90 minutes it's usually golden blonde so I end up having to do a second application. Root touch ups can usually be done with one application since it processes faster.

Bleach loses it's effectiveness after about 90 minutes so you might be better off applying twice.

It can be really harsh though so pay close attention to the condition of your strand test afterwards.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

NooraViolent
Rating:

View NooraViolent's timeline

Current Hair: Natural black and violet.

This might help: http://haircrazy.info/beginnerguides/bleaching-your-hair/

Perhaps you missed a step, did you mix the developer and the bleach properly and according to the leaflet? Was your hair previously dyed? 'cause my Middle Eastern black hair turns to a yellow-toned blonde, almost pale blonde within 90 minutes of using a 30 volume developer, with heat applied on for a couple of minutes, a second application does the trick for me.

tooblueforyou
Rating:

I guess I'll have to do two applications. But I thought bleaching twice was bad for you? :s I thought I'd have my coon tail done by suppertime. Sad

NooraViolent
Rating:

Bleaching your hair comes with risks such as damage, and if you're not ready to deal with it, don't do it.

tooblueforyou
Rating:

Update: I shampooed my streak, which is half brown and half golden blonde. None of it is even close to white. So according to the bleach kit, I have to wait 36 hours before trying to bleach again. I think I'll ignore that number and try again at the same time tomorrow.

NooraViolent
Rating:

Wait a minute, you took that picture during the bleaching process? Dude, no wonder it turned out uneven, don't twirl up your hair or anything during bleaching, and the hair-band you used probably absorbed some of the bleach, too. Also, it is possible that the bleach dried out, so next time, put something underneath the streak such as foil or cling-wrap then apply the bleach on, try to cover it as well, with something that won't absorb the bleach.

tooblueforyou
Rating:

It definitely dried out. I should have put plastic wrap on top of the strand and taped it to the bag on my head. I'll do that tomorrow.

The reason I put it up in a tiny ponytail is so that it wouldn't touch my neck and kill my skin. Plus, my friend put it up like that while dyeing a streak into my hair and it worked well. She had a little clip, though, and all I have at my house are elastics. The last time I had clips was when I was about seven, and I never used them.

NooraViolent
Rating:

When my bangs were shorter, I'd actually have a piece of cling-wrap stuck on my forehead and I'd lay my bangs on it and start applying bleach, then cover it up with cling-wrap or a piece I'd cut off from a plastic bag. So you can put some cling-wrap on your face around the area you're bleaching and lay your streak flat on it and what not.

CyndeeCyanide
Rating:

View CyndeeCyanide's timeline

Current Hair: Ion Azure.

If the cling wrap is a bit hard to work with (I know I never have the patience for it), you could try using foil, which is much easier. Just rip off a piece, lay your streak on it, apply bleach, and fold up the foil. This way the bleach stays nice and moist and it's less hassle than trying to wrap cling wrap around a small section of hair.

First Page | Next Page | Last Page
Jump to page: 1 | 2