HairCrazy.info
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

How to make dark ends the same as my roots (red)

Forum > General Questions >

kristymarie87
Rating:

View kristymarie87's timeline

Current Hair: Red - Gone wrong!!

Posted 4 years, 5 months ago

So i went to the hairdressers to get my very dark brown hair with an inch or brown roots dyed red.

The applied 3% bleach to the lengths (not roots) for about 15 mins, then the same to the roots for about 10 mins.

The roots turned yellow and the ends stayed a darkish brown only slightly lighter.

Then they put the red on for however long it takes.

I'm left with lovely red roots but dark red lengths and ends.

Did they not leave it on long enough or was the bleach too weak.

How do i fix this without causing too much damage, i want it to be the red that is on my roots or close to it, which is an orange based medium dark red/auburn.

Please help i cant find anything about this anywhere.

tooblueforyou
Rating:

View tooblueforyou's timeline

Current Hair: Pink & purple

Please post a picture of your hair so that we can know what you're talking about.

From what you've said, one thing you can do is buy a dark red and put it over your roots.

If you'd rather bleach the majority of your hair, do a strand test so that you know what colour it will lighten to, and then decide what you want to do.

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

3% bleach sounds pretty weak.
Either you need to re-bleach the ends with something stronger, or you need to cover all of your hair with a darker dye that will match your ends.

HOPELESS

kristymarie87
Rating:

Hi, sorry i cant post a picture as i am at work.

It looks like whats described as hot roots, the roots are brighter and more vibrant than the rest.

I love the colour of the roots and i want the rest to match. After washing it has lightened slightly, so would it be wise to bleach bath it? What peroxide would i use?

I am going back to the salon today but i know they will probably say they cant fix it because its too dark but ive gone from black to red before so i know its not true.

My hair is in good condition apart from right on the tips, which i can trim.

Thank you for replies :D

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: White

The hairdresser only used 3% peroxide? That's only 10 volume - the strength of developer used in a semi-permanent box dye.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

kristymarie87
Rating:

Yes thats what she said, she said she would do it slowly to avoid damage. Can anyone suggest what i can do??