HairCrazy.info
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

How much developer/bleach powder to use?

Forum > General Questions >

Viridiean
Rating:

View Viridiean's timeline

Current Hair: Punky Ebony, and Alpine Green/Yellow

Posted 3 years, 2 months ago

Ok, so recently I decided I wasn't messing around with bleach kits anymore so I went to the Sally Beauty Supply website and bought a separate tub of bleaching powder and creme developer.

I got, Clairol Basic White Lightener and L'Oreal Oreor 30 Volume Creme Developer.

The problem is, the instructions on both don't seem to help me much. The developer says to follow the directions on the bleach powder. The bleach powder only lists developer amounts for Clairol brand developers, and it lists two products. (I had no idea, I ordered it online so I didn't really get to look at the directions on the box before I bought it.)

Any ideas on how much developer I'd need to use? Should I just follow the directions anyway? I can't remember, but I think for one product it said 4ml of developer, and for the other 4 1/2ml.

Is the amount different for a creme developer as opposed to a regular liquid developer?

mariiaha
Rating:

View mariiaha's timeline

Current Hair: blue-green and short

I typically do equal amounts of developer and bleach, then add just a bit more developer. Works for me, but I've also seen people use 2 parts developer 1 part bleach.

Best Wishes!

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: Purples & Brown

I use 2 parts developer to 1 part bleach. The powder probably comes with a scoop. Use that to measure out both.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

Viridiean
Rating:

View Viridiean's timeline

Current Hair: Punky Ebony, and Alpine Green/Yellow

Hmmm, two parts developer to one part bleach, that makes sense! Thanks so much for the info!

(You know its funny, I emailed Clairol a week and a half ago about this and they never replied. And it only took you guys a few hours to respond.)

DemstarAus
Rating:

View DemstarAus's timeline

Current Hair: Natural Brown to Auburn ombré

I just used Hi-Lift bleach powder and an Australian company makes this Impact Creme Peroxide (20vol) that I used. 1:1 bleach:peroxide was WAAAY too thick, so went 1:2. I think it just depends on the product and what makes a nice consistency.

I want crazy hair again but I have to stay true to my course!