Featured Product

Would rubine look good with my eyes?

Forum > General Questions >

LittleDragon42
Rating:

View LittleDragon42's timeline

Current Hair: Directions plum

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago

I recently had nice red hair with purple streaks. The lovely @dwagibus pointed out that it looks nice with my eyes. (thank you, you are so darn nice! -hugs- x)

At the moment, my hair has been dyed permanently with john frieda 5rv. I wanted a permanent red-violet shade and I definitely got what I wanted. However, I would love to bleach a small section of underlayer under my fringe/ bangs to add a bit of brightness back to my hair.

At first, I considered using crazy color aubergine, but now I think I would prefer to stick to directions. In my personal experience, I prefer directions because on my hair it seems to last longer.

Directions rubine looks like a really pretty red-violet shade. Would it look nice with my eyes?

Opinions wanted please! xx

Furniture making pegasister

Nice hair that I had recently-ish
Directions Rubine

zombiecakes
Rating:

View zombiecakes's timeline

Current Hair: Adore Rich Fuchsia

I think (from my experience) Rubine starts out nearly black and only shines through in the light, its not really vibrant enough to add some brightness to your hair. Your hair already kinda looks that color. ^^; I've always wanted to try Rose Red, its like a darker, yet vibrant red-toned pink! It would *pop*

Wicked_Pixie
Rating:

View Wicked_Pixie's timeline

What colour is your base? I have used Rubine a lot, most of the pics/swatches you see are over a darker base, where you get a lovely deep berry toned reddish purple. On bleached hair it is much more pink. A dark purpley pink with red tones, raspberry maybe, that fades pinker. It has fantastic staying power, and sticks really well to unprocessed roots if left on overnight. I think it brings out blue and green tones in eyes very nicely.
Rose Red is my favourite Directions shade, I have been using it for 25 years now! Don't be fooled by the name though, it isn't red at all. It is a very pigmented neon magenta colour. It is much more vibrant than Rubine, so is great for getting a vibrant ruby red result over dark ginger hair. On fully bleached hair it is like a darker Flamingo pink, it has those neon reflexes. It does bleed/stain more than Rubine (needs diluting) and not such great staying power on unbleached roots. It also emphasises blue eyes very nicely.

I did then what I knew then, & when I knew better, I did better.
— Maya Angelou

LittleDragon42
Rating:

I have tried rose red before and it was the brightest pink-magenta color ever! I do not want something too bright, so yes, I think I'm going to go for rubine.

Thank you :) x

dwagibus
Rating:

View dwagibus's timeline

Posted 11 months ago

Yes I think it would look wonderful; I just saw you couldn't find what you wanted yet, but don't give up ;) maybe try some normal purple on your red base?

I think I'm paranoid, manipulate it.

LittleDragon42
Rating:

Posted 11 months ago

That idea is genius @dwagibus

Do you reckon it would be best for me to have a permanent red as a base and then add some normal purple as a rinse?

Yes, hopefully next time there will be some rubine in the shop I go to in Bristol.