Goldwell System Colour Remover - a review

Forum > Products and Techniques >

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: White

Posted 3 years, 10 months ago

I've been trying to get a mixture of semi-permanent brown and permanent black out of my hair for the last while. I had fairly good results with Affinage Eraser but I decided to give Goldwell a try since I've heard good reviews on it.

Scenario: Stopped using permanent black (Nice 'n' Easy) about a year ago and have been using a semi-permanent dark brown (L'Oreal Diacolor Gelée).

Product: Comes in a kit of 2 x 50ml bottles & instructions. To use, just mix the two bottles and apply to the darkest hair first. Process for up to 20 minutes. Shampoo several times and follow up with 1:1 20 volume peroxide & water rinse. 1 pack is easily enough for shoulder length hair.

Result: The semi-permanent colour was reduced by about a third. I have a chunk of white hair so I was able to see how well it really came out. The black was pretty much untouched. This isn't really surprising as the colour has been in my hair a long time, I wasn't expecting a lot of it to come out. In comparison to Eraser the smell is much more tolerable. Barely any smell of rotten eggs and the smell doesn't stick to your hair for more than a couple of days at its worst.
The condition of my hair is completely unchanged and I actually noticed it was shinier after the process. I'm not sure whether this was due to the product or the fact that I had to shampoo my hair 5 times.

Overall I'm fairly happy with the results. I managed to get it for about £5 from a beauty wholesaler so it's a lot cheaper than Eraser but you get less in the box.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

VaLukeAraptor
Rating:

View VaLukeAraptor's timeline

Current Hair: some weird brown/blonde colour a salon did

Sucks that it didn't really do much to the black, but as you said i guess if its been there a while is pretty hard to remove.

Would you say its about the same as Affinage for results? And probably a hell of a lot better than straight bleach?

I guess its hard to tell as your hair underneath is mostly dark, but i've heard that the results are often patchy - did you find that? I don't really understand why it would be the case.

thanks for the review :)

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: White

Hi Luke,

No I didn't find it went patchy at all. I guess I'll find out if I try bleaching it though.

The Affinage stuff was at least as good, maybe slightly better (it's hard to tell, the dye was fresher last time I tried removing it with Affinage). Condition wise they both did absolutely nothing to harm my hair. I've probably done about 5 or 6 processes with these now in total and they've caused no damage as far as I can tell.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

TheWomanMonster
Rating:

View TheWomanMonster's timeline

Current Hair: Natural Black/Brown

Hmm interesting,
I had pretty good results stripping semi permanent (blue/black) from my hair using Alberto v05 hot oil treatment (follow the directions for colour correction).