HairCrazy.info
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

Simply Bright

Forum > Products and Techniques >

ickle_cat
Rating:

View ickle_cat's timeline

Current Hair: Blonde with roots (failed ombre)

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago

I bought this a little on a whim and am planning on heading back to silver when I've faded out the pink enough (which is probably going to be a bit of a marathon considering how dark it is) and just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts?
I'm going to fade my hair to a super-pastel pink before using it, hopefully it'll zap out the last bit of colour to give the nice silvery shade on the box.

I'm fairly cool with veggie dyes and bleaching, but completely uninformed when it comes to permanent dyes, will it work to remove the last bit of pastel colour or will it just silver it all up with the colour underneath? The box says only for use on blonde or gray hair to give silver, but that's ok because it'll be blonde(ish) anyway.
confused :S

"although everything you own will be this colour too because it bleeds like an extra in 300" -bekki, 23/2/12

Parmajana
Rating:

View Parmajana's timeline

Current Hair: blonde-ish

It will probably remove the colour and then deposit the silver on top. I dyed my hair with a semi permanent blonde dye that had a small amount of lift. It took the remaining colour out of my hair and probably only deposited a tiny amount of actual colour. I find using box dyes to be less harsh than bleach, and I've used them twice (successfully) to remove stubborn dye with little damage.

Andya
Rating:

I too think there will be a lift but slight then deposi of the silver. Humbly suggest make sure the pink is very very faded.

katox
Rating:

View katox's timeline

Current Hair: Little shortie bob ^_^

Would love to see how this goes Ickle, saw the range myself today in Poundland and it seemed too good to be true!

-----
(BoOop!}--- \\(' v ')//

urs
Rating:

View urs's timeline

Current Hair: probably some variation of rainbow

I've used this trick to remove fairly dark color before. It's how I got out the bright green and pink I had not too long ago, although it totally failed to remove Ion blue, which is another testament to that color's strength. Although the colors I use tend to be high lift blondes, which are often level 12 (yes, it exists!) and they use twice as much developer as color, so they are pretty strong, but a bit more predictable than bleach. I can imagine that it would remove a good percentage of your color. Try a test strand and see what happens. You may not need to fade your color as much as you think.

ickle_cat
Rating:

right, I'm loving the pastel pink on this, so it will probably stay this colour until wednesday (washing aside)
I'm wondering if this lot is faded enough to give it a go:

The lower layers have roots which I'd left through laziness/avoiding damage so I could do those and the run-off from that usually saps some colour, or I could bleach bath it if I need to.
Opinions?

"although everything you own will be this colour too because it bleeds like an extra in 300" -bekki, 23/2/12

Andya
Rating:

The lower 2 inches that are white/beige blonde should work in my humble opinion. I also like the pastel pink.

ickle_cat
Rating:

@andya
yeah, I'm sure the pastel parts of the pink will go fairly easy, not sure about the roots or the undersides.

I'm thinking strand tests tomorrow

katox
Rating:

View katox's timeline

Current Hair: Little shortie bob ^_^

Very excited to see the outcome of the strand tests, I think I'd be worried about your roots too, do look quite a strong pink still! Smile

-----
(BoOop!}--- \\(' v ')//

ickle_cat
Rating:

i've got the dye on the strands now :)

First Page | Next Page | Last Page
Jump to page: 1 | 2