Featured Product

(Quickly) Became Tired of Neon Pink

Forum > Show-off Gallery >

Amaeloo
Rating:

View Amaeloo's timeline

Current Hair: Hot Pink, Orange

Posted 1 year ago

Saturday evening I up and decided I didn't want to be pink anymore. It's strange because pink is my favorite color...but I supposed it really wasn't my pink. The semi-bright pink I had faded into this crazy highlighter pink that I've never seen on hair before! So I went into my cupboard and pulled out some Rockabilly Blue and Rose Red (Punky Colour). I diluted both; I added a finger scoop to about 1/4 cup conditioner; I literally dabbed my finger ever so slightly into the Rockabilly Blue and stuck it in 1/4 cup conditioner.

The results are great! The Rockabilly Blue, even diluted, covered over the yellow-peach bits in my hair very well. There are some green tints here and there, but it's more teal than muddy green, and I'm okay with that. There are some fabulous gradients between the Rose Red and Rockabilly Blue where it's this bright purple-magenta color. I was also having fun styling my short hair- pleased that I can still do a hair bow!

Being silly

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: White

Posted 1 year ago

That is a gorgeous colour combination. The two colours play off each other really well and almost look electric! Nicely done!

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

Andya
Rating:

Posted 1 year ago

A really nice series of streaks of color that compliment each other very well. Thank you for sharing how you acheived this terriffic result. May have to try something similar.

NLeigh
Rating:

View NLeigh's timeline

Current Hair: Silvery lilac with a slice of orange

Posted 1 year ago

That is stunning! I have to ask, how do you do a hair-bow (particularly, without getting your hair into an awful knot)? It's really cute!

There's a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn't that kind of the point?

People don't want perfection. They want honesty.

katox
Rating:

View katox's timeline

Current Hair: Sloooooowly growing!

Posted 1 year ago

Aaah beautiful. I love the streaks! Smile

@NLeigh you put your hair up into a pony tail but don't pull all the hair through your elastic so the tail end is in a loop then split it in half and pulling a tiny bit of hair out of the elastic wrap it around the middle and pin into place...errr I may draw a picture of this as my explanations aren't very easy to understand!

Edit: Tadaa! -

-----
(BoOop!}--- \\(' v ')//

NLeigh
Rating:

View NLeigh's timeline

Current Hair: Silvery lilac with a slice of orange

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks @katox! That's an excellent illustration. I can't do it on my own hair, of course, but I might try it on one of my girlios' hair one of these days, if they'll let me. :D

There's a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn't that kind of the point?

People don't want perfection. They want honesty.

Amaeloo
Rating:

View Amaeloo's timeline

Current Hair: Hot Pink, Orange

Posted 1 year ago

Wonderful drawing, @Katox! That's exactly how you do it.

I also wanted to add that the conditioner I used was a conditioning treatment (by Ion, the moisturizing treatment). I had run out of regular conditioner, so I decided to try out the treatment, not knowing if it would work...I don't know if it's common knowledge that you can use conditioning treatment as well as regular conditioner, but I found out you can! *I* thought it was a decent discovery. ;P

Thanks ladies for the lovely remarks. :)

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

Posted 1 year ago

@Katox: I like how you added ooh pretty at the end there!
XD

HOPELESS

katox
Rating:

View katox's timeline

Current Hair: Sloooooowly growing!

Posted 1 year ago

Hahah thankyou @Amaeloo, was a bit worried you'd go "nooo, that's COMPLETELY wrong!" as it was only me taking a guess!

@HopelessDeviate, it is pretty, would try and do my hair like that but layers...grrrr!

I'll stop de-railing your wonderful thread now Amaeloo!

-----
(BoOop!}--- \\(' v ')//

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

Posted 1 year ago

@Katox, yeah I wish I could try it too!
My hair is fairly long but it's still really thin so a hair bow would just look like a scraggly ribbon on me haha.
Wink

HOPELESS

First Page | Next Page | Last Page
Jump to page: 1 | 2